8" Transmission Pipe Pile
The MPS 8" Transmission Pipe Pile is a helical pile designed to resist large axial, lateral and moments loading. Transmission Pipe Piles are used in foundations of substations and lattice towers.
The MPS F-86 pile offers:
- Limiting rip out failure due to installation torque as seen in pipe sleeve connections.
- An economic deep foundation solution for poor subgrade conditions lacking adequate support due to low consistency soils such as swamps or beach environments.
- A high capacity load resistance in compression up to 250 kips (1,112 kN), in tension up to 150 kips (667 kN) and in lateral up to 15 kips (67 kN).
- Load resistance is based on pipe wall thickness and soil conditions.
- Features a double cut nose for ease of installation as well as an internal coupling system with threaded bolt holes to ensure a snug fit between pipe segments.
Leads are available with helices ranging from 14-24” (355-610mm) in 2” (50mm) increments on 5, 7, and 10 foot sections (1.5, 2.1, 3m).
Extensions are available with or without helices in 5, 7, and 10 foot sections.
- 0.188" Wall Thickness
- 200,000 lbs.
- Compression 150,000 lbs.
- Tension 40,000 ft-lbs.
- Torque 0.250"
- Wall Thickness 300,000 lbs.
- Compression 175,000 lbs. Tension
- 40,000 ft-lbs. Torque
Helical Lead Sections
|Catalog Number||Length (ft)||Helix Configuration||Wall Thickness|
Piles typically installed with R86TL300 which is compatible with a 3” Hex Kelly Bar. Please contact MPS for additional installation tool options.
|Catalog Number||Length (ft)||Wall Thickness|
Extensions with helix available as needed. Please contact MPS for additional information.
Top Plate Termination
|NCB121204R86||12"x12"x0.5"||8 Inch Helical Anchor Top Plate Pile Section Termination Compatible with F86M|
|NCB121206R86M||12"x12"x0.75"||8 Inch Helical Anchor Top Plate Pile Section Termination Compatible with F86M|
Bolted connection top plate, no field welding required.